Thursday, September 27, 2012

New Adventure

Adam started a new job today working as an estimator/project manager for a construction company.  YAY!  We are so excited to have him working normal hours and be home with us in the evenings.  Once again I have seen the Lords hand in our lives.  Since Adam completed the police academy has been applying and interviewing for officer positions EVERYWHERE!  As you can image we were struggling to understand why we were so prompted to go to the police academy and not be able to find work.  Adam decided to take a job at Nature's Sunshine as a temporary means to pay bills and provide for our needs.  One day about a month ago, Adam and I were discussing our future when Adam finally said, I'm not sure I am suppose to be a cop.  I know I was suppose to go to the academy but I now have a bad feeling about becoming a cop."  He felt bad for spending all this money and time for a career that he now feels like he shouldn't do.  I wasn't upset, but rather relieved since I have been feeling the same way lately.  So I asked him, "what should we do now?  If you could choose any job what would it be?"  His response was, "I would like to be a project manager for a construction company."  Really?  That's what he was doing before all this!  Now here is the crazy part...the next day he got a phone call out of the blue from a recruiting company that had gotten his name from a friend and wanted him to apply for a job as and estimator/project manager.  Adam told the guy he wasn't necessarily qualified for the job since it was in industrial construction but the guy told him to apply for it anyway.  Long story short.... he got the job!  I know that the Lord has blessed our family so greatly   Adam and I were talking and wondering why the Lord has blessed our finances to stretch beyond belief but not just bless us with a job.  I think it's because we were only appling for police officer positions and obviously that's not what he should be doing.  I guess we must be slow learners since once it dawned us that he shouldn't be a cop he is blessed to gets a wonderful job that will provide for our family.  It brings me so much peace and comfort that the Lord has a plan for us and as long as we are faithful he will bless us beyond our comprehension.

No comments: