Friday, September 7, 2012

McKinley Mae Anderson

Here is the delivery story of our beautiful baby girl.  I was due May 1 and planning on being induce May 5 since I knew I wouldn't go into labor on my own, let alone early.  Plus, I was teaching school and had to prepare my students to take the CTE exam and the testing window didn't open until May 2.  I had been having lots of painful contractions all week but they were only 8 minutes apart.  I didn't want to go in until they were closer together and l was contemplating death because they were so painful. After not sleeping for three days (since the pain was so intense) and LOTS of family and friends telling me to go in I decided on April 28 I would appease everyone and go into the hospital.  The whole way there I was telling Adam that this is stupid.  They are just going to send me home because I'm not in active labor.  We even stopped at In-N-Out to eat dinner on the way down.  (By the way it was prom night for my students) We got to the hospital about 6:30 and the nurse who checked me in thought I was crazy because I walked in all calm and said I think I'm in labor.  They took me into a room and  the nurse checked me to see how dilated i was  Earlier that week I was dilated to a 2 so i was hoping maybe a 3.  Much to our surprise I was 5 cm and supposedly in active labor.  So they emitted me and broke my water at 7.  At 9:30 my mom came and about 10 I got my epidural.  However, with the full amount of pitocin in me I was only dilated to a 6 at 11:45 when they checked me.  That didn't last long though.  By 12:45 I was fully dilated and ready to push.  I only pushed once and out came Beautiful McKinley Mae weighing in at 8lbs 4oz!  My first thought was she looks just like Kloe and that she wasn't that big.  (They were estimating her to be 10 lbs)  I remember saying, "she's tiny!" and the nurse thought I was crazy, but to me an 8 pound baby was small.  I am so happy to have her in our family.  She is such a joy to have in our home.  I always tell everyone that she is the most popular thing in the Anderson home and we just can't get enough of her.


Before and after



A new baby sister was welcomed by all

Sophie and McKinley meet for the first time on earth!

No comments: